FREE JERSEY ENDS MARCH 31ST
Bike Virginia offers a unique combination of accommodation choices for our riders. You can camp outdoors and sleep under the stars or lodge in a hotel, inn or bed & breakfast.
Unlike other tours such as GOBA, Bike Florida, Ride the Rockies, Cycle Oregon, and Cycle North Carolina we offer distinct and diverse riding every day without having to move camp over and over (and over). We relocate only once!
Our tour locations for 2017 are the regions surrounding Lexington/Buena Vista and Staunton VA. See all of the details for the camping options below.
HQ1 Glen Maury Park
Maury River Rd, Buena Vista, VA 24416
June 23–25, 2017
This is our event headquarters location for the first half of the 6-DAY TOUR and the entire 3-DAY WEEKEND package. Those staying for the second half of the tour will move to HQ2 on Monday morning, June 26th.
NOTE: For those who plan to arrive early we do not have permission to camp in our area until Friday at 10am.
100 Crossing Way, Staunton, VA 24401
June 26–28, 2017
This is our event headquarters location for the second half of the 6-DAY TOUR and the entire 3-DAY WEEKDAY package. All participants will leave directly from here at the conclusion of the tour by 5pm Wednesday. June 28th.
NOTE: For those who plan to arrive early we do not have permission to camp in our area until Monday at 7am.
FAQ: WHERE IS STAUNTON CROSSING?
See above map. The area is still under development.
About Staunton Crossing
Staunton Crossing is the 278-acre former site of Western State Hospital (WSH). The property is owned by the Staunton’s Economic Development Authority (EDA) and features nearby interstate access to both I-81 and I-64 and a mile of interstate frontage. Long range development plans allow for a wide variety of uses, including retail, hospitality and light industrial.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SLEEP?
Most Bike Virginia cyclists camp each night on the grounds of Event Headquarters (see addresses above). Camping is a fun way to spend time with other cyclists. Don’t worry though, our camping areas are quiet and restful. We have quiet hours from 10pm to 6am.
- Riders bring their own tent and camping gear unless they book a tent reservation with an assisted-camping service.
- Riders move their own camping gear to HQ2. Be sure to read the details on our new “Double Vision” format.
- Cooking is not allowed in the camping areas for fire regulation and hygiene reasons.
- You may bring a shade canopy, but please respect the space of other campers. Shade canopies must be securely staked to reduce the risk of injury and property damage.
- We will have a small outdoor camping area for a limited number of CPAP machines to connect. Just bring your own extension cord of 50ft please. Please contact us to save a spot.
TIP ICE will not be available at HQ. All campers need to make other arrangements. There are plenty of locations close by to get ice for coolers, and on move day pick up some more along the way. If you have any other questions, contact us.
Mobile camping services will be provided at Bike Virginia. These rental services will save you time and energy at the camping area by allowing them to do the work for you. In addition to supplying you with the camping basics, they will also set up and tear down your camp when we relocate.
We will not be able to offer indoor camping in 2017. Due to the preferred venue type of our participants we will no longer be staying in schools. You may wish to consider assisted camping or hotels instead.
TIP We will have a small outdoor camping area for a limited number of CPAP machines to connect. Just bring your own extension cord of 50ft please.
Limited space is available for RV’s at Event Headquarters. Reservations are required. Please see our Registration page for further information on fees (hookups not included).
Returning for 2017, we have Double Vision! Move day (Monday) relocation is done by you, in your car so your gear is never out of your possession.
- On Move day (Monday) set up camp before or after you ride, the choice is yours.
- Have your extra gear handy at camp in your car. Take an extra bike, or take clothing for changing weather, the choices are limited only to the space you have in your car.
- No loading your luggage onto a truck so baggage restrictions no longer apply (just remember that we still have space constraints, and cooking is not allowed in any format).
- The ride finishes at camp 2, where your car will be located. Finish at your leisure, enjoy lunch, and then hit the road when you’re ready. No waiting on your gear, no mandatory ride length.
Be sure to read about all the exciting changes that come with the Double Vision format.