Bike Virginia offers a unique combination of choices for our riders. You can camp or lodge in a hotel, inn or bed and breakfast. See all the details of each option below.
Most Bike Virginia cyclists camp each night on the grounds of Tent City. Camping is a fun way to spend time with other cyclists. Don’t worry though, our camping areas are quiet and restful. We have quiet hours from 10pm to 6am.
- BVA typically camps at schools or other similar venues. You will need to bring your own tent and camping gear unless you book a tent reservation with Mayberry’s Sherpa Service or Cycling Logistics.
- Camping gear and your other belongings must be completely contained in a maximum of two bags weighing no more than 50 lbs each.
- Cooking and coolers are not allowed in Tent City. Due to space limitations, we do not allow easy-up canopies or other shade shelters in addition to your tent.
A mobile camping service will be provided on Bike Virginia. This “sherpa” service will save you time and energy at Tent City by allowing them to do your work for you. They will provide a dome tent (single or double), air mattress, sleeping bag, pillow and towel. In addition to supplying the campers with the Tent City Basics, they will also set up and tear down your camp on a daily basis. www.sherpamayberry.com. Cycling Logistics offers a similar service, basically you provide they equipment and they transport it for you.
(non-air-conditioned): If you did not bring a tent, indoor camping is available each night on a first-come, first-serve basis. Simply roll-out your sleeping bag and pad in a meeting room or gym at each location. Space is limited.
Due to Health Department regulations RV Camping may or may not be available at the Tent City location. Please contact us by email with any questions.
Camping Luggage Services- Luggage will be transferred at no cost for camping cyclists. We will move your camping gear from one tent city Headquarters to the next and back again for free. Make sure you check your tour guide for luggage drop-off times and location.
Hotels, B&B, Inns
- Bike Virginia staff create room-blocks in our host towns and ask the hotels to provide a discount rate for Bike Virginia Tour Riders. These hotels then become the “official lodging” of our cyclists.
- If you would like to ride a shuttle to and from the hotel you must purchase a Hotel Bus Pass when you sign up. Shuttles only serve official hotels.
- Bike Virginia 2012 will offer a Hotel Luggage Transfer service. If you select this service we will pick up your luggage from your “official hotel” and transport it to the next “official hotel” at our next tent city location. This service can be added to your registration during the registration process. Cost $30.
Hotel accommodations are available on a first-come basis and require you to make your own hotel reservation and pay individually. Remember to mention you are part of the Bike Walk Virginia Group on the Bike Virginia Tour to get the discounted prices.
Official Hotel List
Please click below to download the official hotel list. We will periodically update the list as hotels fill up.
Download list: BVT2012-Official Hotel List
Bed and Breakfast:
You can choose to stay in a Bed and Breakfast of a privately operated Inn. Lodging reservations and payment must be handled by you. BVA shuttles do not serve B&B or Private Inns. Some private lodging owners offer Bike Virginia Tour discounts. If you stay in an Inn, your luggage must be transferred to tent city by the Inn or handled on your own. Luggage brought to Headquarters during drop-off hours will be transferred with the camping luggage to our next camping location.
Download a list of B&B’s in the area BVT2012-B&B
Hotel Luggage Services
If you stay in an official Bike Virginia Tour Hotel you can choose to participate in our Hotel Luggage Transfer service. If you purchase this service we will pick up your luggage from your “official hotel” and transport it to the next “official hotel” at our next tent city location. On the last day of the tour, hotel luggage will be returned to the long term car parking area in Berryville. This service ($30) can be added to your registration during the registration process.