What’s Included with Registration – Fees- Bike Virginia Tour
Join in on the fun in 2014.
For 2014 our event services will offer you a fun, complete vacation package. Our registration cap is 1,600, so be sure to save your spot soon. Look for our 27th tour to be filled with camaraderie, historic sites, relaxation, and fun. We’ve listened to your input and created something you’re sure to love.
Included for rider and registered non-riders:
- Up to 6 days of riding with up to 400 miles on hand selected bike routes that capture the beauty, history, and geography of Virginia. Most days include 2-3 riding options. Routes vary in climbing and length.
- Lunch Saturday-Wednesday. Vegetarian options available (see registration).
- Up to 25 rest stops with food, electrolyte drinks and fresh fruit (every 15-20 miles). Our stops are held in interesting places along the way.
- 1 premium rest stop each day with special culinary treat.
- Onsite beer and wine sales featuring local favorites. Back by popular demand!
- 4-6 support trucks offering assistance for emergencies during riding hours.
- On course marshals to support safe and easy riding.
- Marked routes, using up to 200 signs per day. No cue sheets or GPS required. Eye level, brightly, colored signs are used for easy following.
- Guide book for ride details at your fingertips.
- Mobile app with event schedule, social connections, and some route information.
- Camping at our park-setting headquarters
- Camping luggage transfer. We move your gear to camp 2 and back.
- 2 full sized tractor trailer shower trucks providing convenient, clean, hot showers.
- Onsite retailers with bike parts, clothing, accessories. Many offer demo bikes and products.
- Onsite entertainment each evening, ranging from concerts to learning clinics to movies to shows suitable for everyone.
- 150-200 staff and volunteers to support you throughout the event. Our volunteer to rider ratio is 1 to 8. We’ll take good care of you!
Commemorative Jersey or T-shirt
Sign up for the full tour and you will ride in style in your commemorative annual tour Jersey. The jersey comes with an Adult 6-Day & Adult 8-Person Team Registrations made on or before March 1st 2014. (The Jerseys are made by Primal, see sizing) See note below on selecting the right jersey SIZE.
A commemorative T-shirt will be provided to non rider guests, single day, weekend, and youth rider registrations before March 1.
Tent camping is included with registration. Showers and rest rooms will be available at the camping area. Long term car parking is provided for those who like to leave their motorized transportation behind.
You may also choose to stay in one of our official hotels.
Daily and nightly entertainment activities will take place at Headquarters or nearby locations. Look for shopping, outdoor recreation, concerts, live music, movies, and other similar activities.
Riders can take shuttles to select activities and events from Headquarters. Campers will have free luggage transfer to our next camping location and back. You will have access to onsite vendors, massage, and bike repair services (additional costs apply).
For additional fees riders can take part in hotel services such as shuttle and luggage transfer, and our custom online training plan specially designed so you enjoy the Bike Virginia Tour.
Hotel guests will have 2 options for booking rooms. Book on your own or through Alpine Cycle Connection, our specialty booking service. Alpine will provide a true one stop shopping experience for registered participants. Their services may also include hotel baggage delivery service.
Alpine Cycle will be coordinating bus service for hotel guests and for a shuttle back to the start point for those participants wishing
to retrieve their vehicle after the first day of riding and on the last day.