Please remember riders are limited to two bags for camping, weighing no more than 50 lbs. per bag.
General Packing Tips
- Bicycle in good repair
- Helmet – required!
- Rearview mirror
- Lock and cable
- Two water bottles and cages
- Hydration system
- Tool kit including: tires, tubes, patch kit, pump, Y-wrench, chain tool, wrench to fit your handlebars and lube.
- Cycling shoes, socks, shorts and jerseys
- Wet weather clothing – rain jacket (just in case!)
- Hot and cool weather clothing – think layers. The ride may start cool and end hot!
- Cycling gloves, glasses or sunglasses
- Non-cycling clothing (shorts, t-shirts and comfortable shoes or sandals) for evening
- Wrap all clothing in plastic bags inside your luggage
- Toilet kit, soap and towel
- Tennis shoes if canoeing or tubing
- Duffel bag with distinctive labeling
- Tent and stakes
- Ground cloth
- Sleeping bag
- Air mattress and pillow
- Clothesline and pins
- Cell phone
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- ID, insurance card and emergency contact information
- Credit/ATM card
- Travelers checks/cash
- Swiss Army knife
- Musical instrument (if you are so inclined)
Do Not Bring
- Cooking Gear – as cooking is prohibited in camping area at Headquarters.
- Bulky Lawn Chairs
- Trash cans or hard-shelled coolers