Sunrise Grants for Bicycle Projects
Overview- Sunrise Grants for Bicycle Projects
The Bike Virginia Tour is a program of the non-profit Bike Virginia. We work to improve biking across the state. Each year our tour visits a region of Virginia for 6 days. In 2011 we began offering grants to improve biking in the communities we visit.
A total of up to $5,000 will be granted in the host region in a given year.
Grants will be offered for activities such as, but not limited to:
- Installation of biking related equipment such as racks or crosswalks.
- Educational/encouragement programs to get people active.
- Starting a foundation or non-profit organization to improve biking in your area.
- Conducting a “Share the Road” campaign in your community.
- Seed funding to support a new Cyclovia, Open Streets, or Sunday Streets event.
- Develop a website, web content or social media campaign.
- Grow an existing program.
Match, cash or in-kind is not required for the application but is highly encouraged. “Match” describes funds or resources from another source that will be applied to proposed program.
Who Can Apply?
Clubs, individuals, local governments, schools, non-profits and businesses in the following 5 localities/counties (Rockbridge, Botetourt, Roanoke, Craig, Bedford) may apply for a 2013 Bike Virginia Tour mini-grant. The grants are to be used for work in the Counties that the 2013 tour visits and towns or cities within.
Applying is simple. Download the application beginning March 1. Develop a plan along with a budget for the activity. Determine the potential benefits of the project. Determine if match funding exists to support your proposed activity. If you receive grant funding, you will be required to submit a written report summarizing the project 6-months following receipt of the funds.
Download the application here 2013Bike-Virginia-grant-app
Not all applicants will be funded.
Application Period Opens March 1, 2014 and closes May 24, 2014.
Submit by Fax or Email
Email info (at) bikeva.org