Virginia Bike Event Association is group of cycling events across the state that work together for a “Collaborative exchange of ideas and resources to support safe and enjoyable cycling events across Virginia so that the state may benefit from increased recreation, wellness, and tourism.”
Together we can grow and learn. Together we can share more opportunities for cycling with residents and visitors. Together our voice is stronger when we ask for legislation, funding, and support from tourism agencies.
Bike Virginia is proud to be a founding member of the Virginia Bike Event Association.
Appalachian Spring Ride by Best of Virginia Bike Tours – Multiple Route options totaling 100 miles, April 26, 2014. Rockbridge. Details at www.bestofvabiketours.com
Bike Virginia– Six day cycling tour, with single day and weekend options. Routes 20-100 miles, Chesterfield & Williamsburg, VA. Fundraiser for statewide programs. June 20-25, 2015. Details bikevirginia.org
Cap2Cap Ride – One day event, 15, 25, 50, 100 mile routes. Richmond and Williamsburg, Va. May 10, 2014. Details atvirginiacapitaltrail.org/cap2cap-ride
Mountains of Misery– Challenging 100 and 124 mile routes, May 25, 2014, Blacksburg. Details at www.mountainsofmisery.com
DR 100– Metric Century and Half Century Routes, Harrisonburg, Va. Fund-raiser for cycling initiatives in Harrisonburg area. May 3, 2014. Details at dr100.org
Richmond Multisports Triathalons– Events February to October are on the 2014 Calendar. Various Locations. Details at www.richmondmultisports.com/race-calendar.htm
Sportsbackers– Richmond region event organization hosting multiple cycling events in 2014. Details for all events at www.sportsbackers.org
- Dominion Riverrock- Festival that includes several sports and cycling race events, May 16-18, 2014 details at http://www.dominionriverrock.
- RVA Streets Alive! – Open streets/cyclovia event in downtown Richmond, May 16-18, 2014: sportsbackers.org/
- Anthem Moonlight Ride- Family friendly night event in Richmond, August 16, 2014 details sportsbackers.org/
- MARTIN’s Tour of Richmond (Gran Fondo) August 16, 2014 details at sportsbackers.org/
SportVista- Three Virginia events planned for 2014, all in Peaks Power Challenge Ride Series. Available 8-week training plans for each at www.sport-vista.com
- Le Cirque Cyclosportive, Leesburg, Va. May 17, 2014: Virginia’s “gravel grinder”! A European-style cyclosportive 30, 60 milers, www.cirquesportive.com
- Alleghany Gran Fondo, Covington, Va. Challenging Journey in the Highlands, July 14, 2014, 30, 65 and 105-mile options. www.alleghanygranfondo.com
- Gran Fondo Virginia, Charlottesville, Va October 11, 30, 60 and 100-mile options available. www.granfondova.com
Storming of Thunder Ridge– 27, 45, 75 and 100 mile options, Lynchburg, Va. Fund-raiser for YMCA of Central Virginia’s Community Support Campaign. May 18, 2014. Details at stormingofthunderridge.org
Tour De Chesapeake– Multiple route choices, Mathews, Va. May 16-18, 2014 Details at tourdechesapeake.org
Tour De Madison 20, 45 and 65 miles, Madison Va, May 17, starting and ending at Graves Mountain Lodge. tourdemadison.com
Virginia Off Road Series– Mountain bike races across the state. 2014 Dates on Image to the right, click on image to enlarge. Details at www.virginiaoffroadseries.com
If you are interested in becoming involved with the Association please contact us. Details on membership guidelines, the mission, and goals available here