Going to Bike Virginia’s annual ride has been called “camp for adults!” We like to think of it as a whole lot of fun with you in the driver’s seat. You can pick from so many things to do during the week that when you go home you’ll feel like a happy kid again. Here is a sampling of what you have to look forward to at the June 2019 event.
- Enjoy a ride on the kick-off route.
- Wash away the work week with Tubing and Kayaking (*reservations required with Rt 11 Outfitters).
- Mingle at our “Kick Off Welcome”
- Head over to the Friday Night Street Party with “Five of a Kind” Bluegrass Band in Strasburg Square 7PM-9PM
Strike out with friends to see local wineries: Cave Ridge Vineyard, The Winery at Kindred Pointe, Third Hill Winery and Shenandoah Vineyards (please check operation hours first).
- Join the scavenger hunt as you ride on one to the day’s 3 beautiful bike routes.
- Take a tubing or kayaking trip with Rt. 11 Outfitters (book in advance).
- Get in your total zen space by getting a massage or meditating after a free yoga class.
- Go to the Art Walk 4PM–9PM in The Town of Woodstock
- Dress you and your bike up for our 50’s costume contest
- Spend some time dining or wine tasting around the area. There are over 10 beverage related destinations!
- Listen to live music and enjoy a beverage with a tasty and convenient food truck meal at headquarters.
- After spinning round the day’s beautiful bike routes, be sure to visit the Photo Booth in Woodstock for some zany 1950’s inspired photo fun.
- Take advantage of the last evening in Woodstock by taking a tubing trip with Rt. 11 Outfitters (book in advance).
- Yoga, Massage, and Meditation are always an easy choice for setting the tone for the evening.
- Visit with friends who are wrapping up the Weekend Escape ride and heading as you enjoy live music and enjoy a beverage with a tasty, convenient food truck meal at headquarters.
- Move day! We’re heading to Harrisonburg which is packed with new things to see and do.
- Rack up even more Scavenger Hunt points and compete to win a free 2020 registration as you ride one of the 4 route choices for the day.
Check out the nearby Massanutten Indoor/Outdoor Water Park or enjoy golf and zipline adventures there.
Ft Valley Ranch offers horseback riding with stunning views of the Shenandoah Valley
- Head out to visit one of the many brewery, winery, or cider makers.
- Treat yourself to Yoga, Massage, and Meditation then put your feet up with a cold beer and local live music right at headquarters.
Do something new! Zipline anyone? Horseback riding? There’s both nearby. Why not?!
- Never tried Yoga or Meditation, one of our free experiences is a great way to give it a try!
- Harrisonburg is jam packed with good dining. Strike out with friends to fill that giant appetite you’ve been stirring up. If you feel like something easy, there’s always delicious food at headquarters at the Food Truck Fiesta until 8:30pm.
- If you’re it tasting the local beverages check out one of the many brewery, winery, or cider makers.
- The last day is always bitter sweet as we enjoy one more day of riding and say goodbye to our Bike Virginia Family.
- Enjoy beautiful routes and tasty rest stops. Finish with lunch at headquarters where you can share stories of the week with new friends.
- Don’t forget to finish the Scavenger Hunt strong! Turn in your points at the Hospitality Tent for your chance to win an event registration for 2020.
* We’ll notify you by email when reservations with Rt. 11 Outfitters opens