Save the date! The 2019 Bike Virginia Tour is scheduled for June 21-26, 2019.
The 2019 event marks 32 years of riding for the Bike Virginia Tour.
We’re going back to one of our rider favorites, the Shenandoah Valley, for 6 days of riding bliss. Come for a day, come for the Weekend Escape, or all 6 days of riding fun.
These two communities warmly welcome us back for the 2019 bike event. They’ve been great host communities in past tours and we are very excited to be working with them to plan an outstanding vacation experience.
Bike Tour of the Shenandoah Valley
Riding in a Shenandoah Valley bike tour like the 2019 Bike Virginia event will treat you to one of the premier riding experiences that Virginia has to offer. This area of Virginia has both valley and mountain road bike riding, offering a great blend for riders who want something with flatter route options than the 2018 tour in the New River Valley in Southwest Virginia.
We’ll be accepting 1,700 riders for the 2019 event. Plan early to save your spot. December 1 marks the opening day of Registration.
Look for pricing, lodging information, and route updates on the 2019 Bike Virginia Tour here soon.
Rolling Back Time
Each year we pick a fun theme for our ride. That’s one of the many unique things about Bike Virginia. In 2019 we’re looking back to the 50s for our colorful and and playful Bike-o-rama theme.
We’ll have a fun theme party on the weekend, car show, 50s inspired snacks and entertainment options. And of course, Costumes are encouraged! Prizes for the best bike decor and party costumes.
2019 Bike Virginia Tour – Event Features
We offer loop routes so you can choose your ride each day based on elevation, distance, and how you feel that morning. Check out some past routes to see an example of how we work.
Bike Virginia focuses on putting you in the drivers seat. Letting you make choices about your riding, your food, your lodging, the number of days you ride, and your pace, having your own car accessible for the entire time, and the ability to leave and come as you like. No other bike tour gives you the freedom that Bike Virginia offers.
Here are some of the facts about the 2019 tour:
- Up to 400 miles of riding options offered in loop routes from 10-100 miles long.
- Signed routes with easy to follow signs- no GPS required.
- Team discount pricing available
- Early registration discounts available (Begins December 1, 2018)
- Camping or hotels
- Dry RV camping and van camping (RV pass additional fee applies)
- Loop routes each day Friday-Wednesday.
- Check in any day of the event.
- Weekend, Weekday, Single Day, and 6 Day registration options
- Children 11 and under free.
- Family camping area
- Nightly entertainment with beer and wine gardens
- Food Trucks with many options including vegetarian dishes.
- Rest Stops with refreshments about every 20 miles hosted by local community organizations.
- SAG Truck support along the routes.