FREE JERSEY ENDS MARCH 31ST
ALL PRICE DISCOUNTS END JANUARY 31ST
OUR LOWEST PRICES END DECEMBER 31ST
REGISTRATION OPENS DECEMBER 1ST
Bike Virginia offers a unique combination of accommodation choices for our riders. You can camp outdoors and sleep under the stars or lodge in a hotel, inn or bed & breakfast.
Unlike other tours such as GOBA, Ride the Rockies, Cycle Oregon, and Cycle North Carolina we offer distinct and diverse riding every day without having to move camp over and over (and over). We relocate only once!
Our tour locations for 2022 are the regions surrounding Staunton and Harrisonburg in VA. See all of the details for the camping options below.
Wilck’s Lake Isle, Farmville, VA 23901
June 19–21, 2020
This is our event headquarters location for the first half of the 6-DAY TOUR and the entire 3-DAY WEEKEND package. Those staying for the second half of the tour will move to HQ2 on Monday morning.
NOTE: For those who plan to arrive early we do not have permission to camp in our area until Friday at 10am.
788 Twin Lakes Rd, Green Bay, VA 23942
June 22–24, 2020
This is our event headquarters location for the second half of the 6-DAY TOUR and the entire 3-DAY WEEKDAY package. All participants will leave directly from here at the conclusion of the tour by 5pm Wednesday.
NOTE: For those who plan to arrive early we do not have permission to camp in our area until Monday at 7am.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SLEEP?
Most Bike Virginia cyclists camp each night on the grounds of Event Headquarters (see addresses above). Camping is a fun way to spend time with other cyclists. Don’t worry though, our camping areas are quiet and restful. We have quiet hours from 10pm to 6am.
- Riders bring their own tent and camping gear unless they book a tent reservation with an assisted-camping service.
- Riders move their own camping gear to HQ2. Be sure to read the details on our new “Double Vision” format.
- Please note that cooking is not allowed and no pets due to health department regulations.
- You may bring a shade canopy, but please respect the space of other campers. Shade canopies must be securely staked to reduce the risk of injury and property damage.
- We will have a small outdoor camping area for a limited number of CPAP machines to connect. Just bring your own extension cord of 50ft please. Please contact us to save a spot.
FAQ ICE will not be available at HQ. All campers need to make other arrangements. There are plenty of locations close by to get ice for coolers, and on move day pick up some more along the way. If you have any other questions, contact us.
Mobile camping services will be provided at Bike Virginia. These rental services will save you time and energy at the camping area by allowing them to do the work for you. In addition to supplying you with the camping basics, they will also set up and tear down your camp when we relocate.
We will not be able to offer indoor camping in 2019. Due to the preferred venue type of our participants we will no longer be staying in schools. You may wish to consider assisted camping or hotels instead.
TIP We will have a small outdoor camping area for a limited number of CPAP machines to connect. Just bring your own extension cord of 50ft please.
Limited space is available for RV’s at Event Headquarters. Reservations are required. Please see our REGISTER page to learn more.
RETURNING we have Double Vision! Move day (Monday) relocation is done by you, in your car so your gear is never out of your possession.
- On Move day (Monday) set up camp before or after you ride, the choice is yours.
- Have your extra gear handy at camp in your car. Take an extra bike, or take clothing for changing weather, the choices are limited only to the space you have in your car.
- No loading your luggage onto a truck so baggage restrictions no longer apply (just remember that we still have space constraints, and cooking is not allowed in any format).
- The ride finishes at camp 2, where your car will be located. Finish at your leisure, enjoy lunch, and then hit the road when you’re ready. No waiting on your gear, no mandatory ride length.
Be sure to read about all the exciting changes that come with the Double Vision format.
Nearly half of all participants choose to stay in hotels, inns, or local homes.
We work with a selection of hotels in each region to secure special pricing on a limited number of rooms. Please see the list of partner hotels in the section below.
The community also offers a nice selection of B&B, Inns and Private Rental Properties through AirBNB and VRBO. You can view some of those by looking at the Visitor Center Websites.
The rates reflected on our list have been negotiated and reserved with room blocks. You are not required to stay at a partner hotel—choose any hotel and any booking service you prefer! If you choose to explore one of our partner hotel options follow these steps:
- Look at the list. Select a hotel that meets your preferences.
- Call the hotel to book. Tell them you are with the Bike Virginia Tour.
- Retain your records and read the fine print. Bike Virginia cannot assist with hotel questions. Please call the hotel directly.
- YOU MUST CALL the hotel to take part in the negotiated rate. These rates are not available through online booking.
- Availability is not guaranteed. Locations that are booked up will be removed as soon as possible but this list is not maintained on an hourly basis.
- Bike Virginia is not in any way a part of your booking. All transactions are made between you and the hotel. Please be sure to keep your reservation details. We have no access to booking information and are not part of your lodging process. Bike Virginia does not set reservation policies such as cancellation policies. Be sure to ask your hotel about these details before you book.
We no longer offer shuttle service from headquarters to official event hotels. Drive your car over at your leisure and park at our headquarters.
We no longer offer luggage transfer services. Riders move their own gear now that we are on the “Double Vision” format. Please be sure to read about the changes.
Lodging options for the Bike Virginia Tour include camping, hotels, and private B&B/Inns. If you prefer a smaller Inn or Bed & Breakfast (B&B) for your lodging please visit the following: